A tropical spin on the chocolate chip cookie by adding ingredients like coconut, dried pineapple, and macadamia or walnut pieces resulting in crispy toasted coconut edges and a soft center.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (177 Celsius) and lightly grease cookie sheets with cold butter (salted or unsalted).
2. Combine with wooden spoon, 1 stick ( 8 tablespoons) of room temperature salted butter, 1 stick unsalted butter, 3/4 cup white sugar, and 1 cup brown sugar in large bowl, until creamy in appearance. Add 2 eggs (room temperature), 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract and cream together.
3. In medium bowl whisk together: 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour into bowl with blended sugars and mix with wooden spoon just until flour is blended in.
4. Add 1 cup quick cook oats, 3/4 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cups macadamia or walnut pieces, 1/4 cup finely chopped dried pineapple (about 2 slices), 2 cups chocolate chips, and stir just until ingredients are blended.
5. Place large walnut sized dough balls onto prepared cookie sheets and press down slightly. Bake 15-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool for about 10 minutes before transferring with a spatula to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy while still warm.